Wednesday 27 June 2012

Render Layers

As soon as I am finished tweaking the materials (in the next two days with luck) I will be going onto  the rendering and hope to complete that by the end of next week while the rotoscoping onslaught begins. Unsure about what render passes I would need I got advice from Dylan who suggested that I would need:

depth
direct lighting (diffuse)
indirect lighting (global illumination)
shadows (though may have to use maya hardware over mental ray render as it can act erratically)
specularity
reflection
refraction
ambient occlusion
alpha/ matte (for compositing)
3D motion vector blur (not required in all shots but may prove useful)

Taking Dylan's advice I'm going to start on the external shot looking in as I fear that some extra detail in the textures may be required and also some of the full external shots which use still frames. From experience with the going live module I certainly anticipate that this will be a far tricker process than I am expecting but with luck I'll at least be able to rotoscope and set up a composition in Nuke while the rendering occurs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment