Sunday 8 July 2012

Render Layers 01


I've set up the render layers in the two scene files which will allow me to get some test renders on before Dylan's tutorials on Thursday. The aim is to have at least a basic composition worked out before then and use the workshops as a way of fine tuning what I have. After discussions with animators in the studio I decided on using a shadow and not a shadow raw pass as it can be tricker to composite and apparently may not render out as successfully as one would like. I hope this will be enough passes though I am still swithering about putting the glass onto a separate layer altogether for enhanced adjustment to reflections and refraction but hope to use this week to test this. Also by setting up the base scenes when I save the separate shot files the layers will already be set up potentially saving me some time in the future. 



No comments:

Post a Comment